What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are natural or synthetic hyaluronic acid, that are injected into the skin to volumise, lift and improve the appearance of lines. Most dermal fillers are completely biodegradable and temporary.
What is hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring sugar chain molecule found in all skin and soft tissues throughout the body, identical across species. It attracts and binds water in the skin, providing volume and hydration. It helps improve the support matrix of the skin.
Does it hurt?
Many dermal fillers contain local anaesthetic to provide pain relief during the procedure. We do apply local anaesthetic as required.
The procedure may be uncomfortable but is not usually painful.
- To correct or enhance facial contours; cheeks, temples, jawline, nose, chin
- To define, correct or enhance lips
- To soften and correct facial wrinkles or folds
- To restore lost volume in hands to reduce the appearance of veins and tendons
- To correct hollows under the eyes (tear troughs)
- To improve the tone, texture and hydration of the skin